Thursday, November 12, 2015

Play dough!

I have been waiting patiently for Ryleigh to be old enough to play with play dough.

I have such vivid memories from my childhood about the stuff.
The smell.
The feeling when you squish it.
The taste.

Come on, all kids try it. 

But today was the day! 
I decided that she was old enough to not try to eat it, and I was right.

We played for 3 hours.
Seriously.
3 hours of her sitting in the same spot, it was like a Christmas miracle!!

Anyways, since I have become that mom that uses essential oils for everything, I figured, why not add them into play time as well?

I chose 4 oils that I love and that Ryleigh would be able to recognize.
Peppermint-blue
Lime-green
Lemon-yellow
Grapefruit-pink

The recipe is as follows:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar 
1 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons liquid cooking oil
Food coloring and essential oils.


Add first 3 ingredients to a saucepan, and stir to combine.
Add the next three, and mix until smooth.
Turn to medium low heat and stir constantly until it becomes a ball of play dough consistency.
Remove from the heat, and let sit for 3-4 min to cool slightly.
I split it into quarters, and then added the essential oils and food coloring and kneaded it in to distribute.






Now let the little people in your lives go crazy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment