Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Well its been a long time since i've posted..

Sometimes life just wraps you up and takes you into a whirlwind and you hardly notice that its been weeks since your feet were on the ground.

Lots has been happening, lately I have just been studying and working around the house to pass the time. I have 8 days till I take my practical exam whiich decides if I get to practice massage in the state of Oregon. I sure hope I pass, I am ready to have a job in a career I love, and to start saving up for our honeymoon. :)  Alaska here we come!

This time I think i'll work backwards in events, so here goes.

This weekend we went out to the Back to the 50's car shows.
Saturday we went to Jerrod's Gpa's 87th Bday out in medford and then went back to GP and met up with the fam+ grandma and then went and watched the classic car cruise.  There were some amazing cars and some not so sweet ones.  There were model T fords and alot of mustangs, there even was a gremlin.  There was a cadillac that must have been in the 2000s that someone just put a body kit on to look old, like they rounded all the edges. LAME-O .  I thought it was kinda weird to enter a car like that into a classic cruise, but owell not my problem.

After the cruise, Jerrod and I went out own way from the family, and we went and met up with a few of our friends and spent the night out on the town.  We went to the WonderBlur, and man oh man, can that bartender make some strong ass drinks.  I thought a safe drink would be a vodka cran add lime, and when he handed it to me, it literally wasnt even pink at all.  Haha. It was straight vodka!  I drank it half way down and had to ask for more cranberry juice, and all he did was laugh and said it was a common request, but hey, at least your getting your moneys worth right?
Hours later, and about 4 too many drinks, it was time to head home. Lets just say that Sunday wasnt the funnest day. :)

We just started getting some veggies to our garden. Lots of lemon cucumbers and burpless cucumbers. :)  We have more then we can handle it seems. 
We also have jalapenos coming out of our ears!  Now we are letting the plants fill up with peppers so I can can some. :) 

Our anahiems are finally filling out and are almost of the size to stuff and BBQ!
I think I am going to roast some jalapenos and anahiems and then skin 'em and can them, I think it would make a nice base for a chili verde. :)

AND last but not least, we have sooo many green tomatoes, we have more then a person could eat in a month, but none are ripe yet, there are a few romas that look like they are getting close. so lets just hope theat they hurry up,because jerrod is getting mighty anxious.



I will have to go out and take some pictures here soon, and show the size that my melons are getting. :) some are the size of a soccer ball. :) YUM


Till next time.

F&A
Chelsea
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. It makes sense to me! I thought it was very sweet... and I'm w/ you on the first and only love thing. So many ppl have said things like that to me, too. They're just confused. Ignore them. :)

    ReplyDelete