Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome to the real world

For the pasts 17 years of my life, I have been in and out of school. Working summers but I always knew that when august rolled around the job was ending and that school was back.  I never had to keep a job for more the 3 months at a time, or I only had to tolerate it for 3-4 months. But now, I ahve to get licensed and go out into the R.W. [realworld :)] and get a job that I need to keep for a long time. Its crazy to think that I'm done. It hasnt completly sunk in yet, and I think it wont untill I am an L.M.T. looking for work. 
It doesnt feel like about 4 years ago, I was shaking at home as I opened up my acceptance letter from U of O, and was positive that was where I was going to be forever.  Its amazing where people end up from where they started.
As the week counts down to megs wedding, I started thinking about where we were all at a few years ago. Tara was positive she was going to marry damon, and now she has a adorable baby with Nik.  Meghan and  Brad were still doing the same thing they are now, yet meg has realized that babies are on her near horizon.  Alexis was dating a douche bag, and was at U of O, and now is at SOU dating a very cute boy, and speding her summer in Alaska.And Victoria was at U of O and had her share of bad boyfriends and now is happily married to Matt living in NC but soon in Washington, chasing her dreams. 
I have to say that where we are now is a lot better then where we thought we wanted to be 3/4 years ago.  I would never think that I would be where I am right now, if you would have asked me that 3 years ago.  But I couldnt imagine being anywhere else now. 
With 13 months till we get married, I am trying to contain my excitement. I want to go out and plan everything right now! But we have some things already set in stone, we have the tables and chairs, enough for 300-350 I think.  We have the DJ and the Dance floor.  I found dresses I love, I just need to try them on.  We have ideas for food and drinks.  We know who are parties are and have a idea what we want them to wear.  We have a location, and know what the flowers will be.  We have a photographer, yet we need to figure out the invites.  Lots planned but lots to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment