Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec. 8

So I have decided that I feel so much better when I let all this junk out when I write on here, and hopefully I will convince myself to do this more.

Today I have lots of house cleaning to do, along with laundry and the possibility of making some cookies with ash! =)  She wants to make some sugar cookies, and we'll use my mom's famous recipe, because she has it goin on when it comes to cookie making.  I think I'll also make some Oatmeal Raisin cookies that I found on this other blog, and they are amazing. I made them last week sometime, and they have now been chosen as the forever recipe for Oatmeal Raisin.   Thats something that we've been doing everytime I make a new kind of cookies or dessert of some sort.  We try new kinds untill we find one that we really like, and then we make that new recipe our 'family'  recipe. We were thinking that since we are a young family, we need to have some of the staples figured out by the time we have kids.  Which we dont deny might be in our near distant future.

But today when Jerrod gets home we are going to go to the store and buy some christmas lights and a tree stand, and all the other extras that we dont have so that we can set our christmas tree up tomorrow when we get back from Cave Junction. I am beyond excited.

I have been patiently waiting for the moment to put the tree in the stand, and to string the lights, and then hang the delicate little decorations.  So tomorrow is going to be great.  We are going to look at a possible house that we have been thinking about putting an offer in on.  Its perfect.  6.2 acres out in the woods, and its super cute and perfect for us. :)  So hopefully the appt goes well tomorrow so we can offer on it and maybe make it our forever home. :)

OH! and today I think we are going to have Homemade Mac&Cheese with bacon.  I love the taste of all the real melted cheeses and the smokey bacon bits.  Can you say YUM.  I think I might do something along the lines of what The Brown Eyed Baker did in their Grown Up Mac and Cheese


Well perhaps we'll remember to take some pictures of our creations today and i'll remember to post them.

Have a great day!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment